image image image image
Meals on Wheels, Inc
Making a difference in the Lives of our Seniors

Income Tax Help



If you enjoy using computers, pretty good typing, and want to help people with their income tax preparation.  Please volunteer as an AARP Foundation Taxaide.  You will receive IRS training and Certification for the 2018-2019 income tax season.  It’s very rewarding to help Seniors get all the tax credits and deductions they’ve earned, and the work is fun.  Just send an email to our Local Coordinator

       Joni Spencer 



                                               Need help?

If you received a letter or notice from the IRS, or if you have a tax problem or question, please call the Senior Center 928-453-0715 and leave your phone number for the AARP Taxaide. 

              We’re here to help all year long.



Remember your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).  All taxpayers 70-1/2 years old or older must take their minimum distribution from all retirement accounts – 401(k), IRA, etc. by the end of each calendar year.  More information on RMDs:    
If your spouse passed away in 2018, you can still file a joint tax return.  But if your spouse passed away in 2017 and you have no dependent children, you must file as a Single person with a significantly higher income tax.  Please consider increased withholding or Estimated Tax payments to cover a greatly increased tax bill.    Life insurance proceeds are generally not taxable, but if you receive a 1099 death benefit (Code 4), that amount is fully taxable.  Please consider increased withholding or Estimated Tax payments to cover this tax obligation.   

.Refund  Tax Maze..  Tax Burden